On September 8, 2022 the Folger’s virtual book club returns with a discussion of Learwife by J. R. Thorp. To prepare for the discussion, we have pulled together a list of Folger resources related to King Lear, the novel, and motherhood.
LEARN more about King Lear
- Full text of the play
- Collection images (Because of how they were cataloged, some images from other plays might appear in the image searches linked here, so always check the sidebar to see if the image is described as part of a larger group.)
- The play on Folgerpedia
DISCOVER Learwife in the Folgersphere
LISTEN to related podcasts
- Episode 32: James Shapiro: The Year of Lear
- Episode 60: Shakespeare and Girlhood, with Deanne Williams
EXPLORE mothers in Shakespeare and the early modern era
- Innogen and Ghost Characters
- Quiz: Shakespeare’s Mothers
- A closer look at pregnancy, midwifery, and breastfeeding in the Tudor period
Words, Words, Words discusses J. R. Thorp’s Learwife on Thursday, September 8, 2022. Register to join the discussion through our website.