On November 4, 2021 the Folger hosts its Virtual Book Club, featuring a discussion of The Porpoise by Mark Haddon. To prepare for the discussion, we have pulled together a list of resources related to the novel and the themes, adaptations, and performances of Pericles.
LEARN more about Pericles
LISTEN to related podcasts
- Episode 18: Rarely Performed Shakespeare
- Episode 72: Adapting Shakespeare
- Episode 131: How Pericles Inspired Mark Haddon’s novel The Porpoise
EXPLORE articles on Pericles and Shakespeare’s Romances
- Pericles: A Modern Perspective
- The post-modern peregrinations of Pericles
- Play on! Q&A: Ellen McLaughlin on translating ‘Pericles’
- The production’s the thing: Thoughts on Shakespeare’s Romances
REVISIT Pericles on the Folger stage
Words, Words, Words discusses Mark Haddon’s The Porpoise on November 4, 2021. The event is free, but registration is required through our website.