The Folger Spotlight

More Music Video Than MTV

Well, hey there, blogfriends! It’s Louis, Roderigo in Folger Theatre’s Othello, coming at you once again.

Please forgive me for going quiet on you for a few days. As you may have heard, Othello has officially opened! On October 24, we had a fantastic performance, followed by a reception in the Library’s Great Hall. If you were there and took pictures, send them to at theatre@folger.edu and we’ll put them up in a subsequent post.

Meanwhile, here’s another video for your delectation. This one is an interview with Othello director Robert Richmond and composer Anthony Cochrane about music and collaboration:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ7ccQ0O0DI]

Enjoyed that video? Don’t miss my previous video on fights & weapons in Othello.

Last week, I was taken down into the Folger’s vault to take a look at some of the Library’s art and manuscripts. I was completely blown away! Keep your eyes peeled for a blog post on that topic in the next couple of days.

OK. Thanks for reading/watching. More soon. And get your Othello tickets before they’re all gone!